This baked lamb meatballs recipe with sauteed bok choy is made with lemon zest, minced garlic, dried thyme, and oregano and can be served for a quick, filling, and delicious dinner with rice.
Baked lamb meatballs are a great way to meal prep your lunches or dinners at the beginning of the week. After I cook them, I like to freeze the meatballs in a plastic bag and reheat them throughout the week. My favorite way to reheat them is with Homemade Tomato Sauce and served over pasta.
Key Ingredients in This Baked Lamb Meatballs Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
You can use either bread crumbs or dry pieces of torn bread. I have made this recipe with dry whole wheat bread and fresh torn focaccia bread. Both work great in this recipe!
This recipe features minced garlic, dried thyme, dried oregano, all-purpose seasoning, and lemon zest.
The lemon zest adds a citrus brightness to these meatballs that helps to bring out all the other flavors.
I served this recipe with sauteed bok choy. Bok Choy is Chinese White cabbage. It has green leafy tops and flat smooth white blades that form a cluster. It doesn’t taste like green cabbage. Bok choy tastes almost like spinach, but with fresh, and tender stalks.
Bok Choy is a popular vegetable in Asian cuisine. It tastes the best when it is soft and still has a bit of crunch to it. It is a perfect compliment to these meatballs.
Tips for Making this Recipe:
- You can use plastic gloves to mix the meat if you don’t want to touch raw meat.
- Line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Parchment paper will burn under the broiler.
- You can prepare these lamb meatballs in advance. You can freeze them and just reheat them when you need them!
- If your ground lamb doesn’t have that much fat in it, feel free to add a few tablespoons of homemade ghee or vegetable oil to the meat balls before you mix all the ingredients together.
Tools You May Need
If you make this recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating. Thank you for reading, Enjoy!
Looking For More Recipes?Print
This baked lamb meatballs recipe with sauteed bok choy is made with lemon zest, minced garlic, dried thyme and oregano and can be served for a quick, filling, and delicious dinner with rice.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 cup dry bread, crumbled or bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
- 1 egg
Sauteed Bok Choy
- 2 – 3 bundles of bok choy, 3 – 4 cups chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, then set it aside.
- Rinse and chop your bok choy, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the ground lamb, bread crumbs, salt, lemon zest, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, all-purpose seasoning, and egg. Mix everything together very well, with your hands or a spoon.
- Shape into one tablespoon-sized meatballs then place them on the cookie sheet, with about 1 – 2 inches of space. You should have about 20 meatballs total.
- Turn on the broiler.
- Place the cookie sheet on the top rack in your oven. Cook the meatballs for 5 minutes under the broiler, then turn off the broiler and turn the heat to 400 F.
- While the meatballs are broiling, sautee your bok choy in a skillet on medium heat, just until the bok choy has released some of its water and is just starting to soften about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauteed bok choy to your meatballs, and continue cooking the meatballs and bok choy in the oven at 400F for another 5 – 7 minutes, until the meatballs are very brown.
- Serve the lamb meatballs and bok choy with brown rice. Enjoy!
These meatballs can be meal prepped in advance and reheated later for lunch or dinner.
Keywords: baked lamb meatballs recipe, baked lamb meatballs, lamb meatballs, homemade lamb meatballs, homemade meatballs, meal prep,