I love the flavorful marinated beef that has wonderful citrus tanginess from the lime. The freshness of the pepper is cooked but still has a bit of crunch to them. All wrapped in a warm Homemade Tortilla! The Beef Fajitas can be served with fresh avocado, cilantro, and more lime juice for an amazing dinner.
- 1 lb beef round top or flank steak (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 lime or lemon (juice of half a lime or lemon)
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil/ ghee (plus more for sauteeing)
- 2 large bell peppers (sliced)
- 1 half yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 half red onion
- 1/4 cup Homemade Chicken Broth
- First - thinly slice your beef against the grain - against the natural direction of the beef. Then add the juice of half a lime, salt and pepper, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne, minced garlic and ghee.
- Mix until all the meat is well coated in the spice blend. Allow the meat to marinate for 30 minutes - 1 hour for all the flavors to combine and come together.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet with ghee and fry the meat in batches until brown on both sides.
- Remove meat from the pan, then add the onions. Cook until the onions are starting to turn brown and are very soft.
- Remove the onions from the pan, add all the peppers. Cook the peppers until they are starting to turn brown but still have some crunch to them.
- Return the onions, and the beef to the pan and add 1/4 cup of Homemade Chicken broth to the pan and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until most of the chicken broth has been evaporated. Then you are ready to serve in a tortilla or over rice. Enjoy!
Keywords: beef fajitas, fajitas, mexican, mexican fajitas