These soft and tender banana nut muffins are the best! They are light and fluffy and filled with rich, sweet banana flavor and crunchy walnuts. This recipe comes together in minutes and is a great way to use up extra bananas that are starting to turn brown.
I have definitely been on a muffin kick lately. Some of my other favorite muffin recipes are – Bakery style Orange Cranberry Muffins, Best Ever Blueberry Cranberry Muffins, Lemon Blueberry Muffins, and my Cornbread Muffins.
I think I like muffins a bit better than cookies because they are almost like a mini-meal and always come out right. I feel like with cookies it is so easy to add too much/ too little flour or overcook them, but muffins almost ways turn out amazing. They are tender and moist and the perfect grab-and-go snack.
Saturdays are always resting days for me and I like to have something fun and sweet to eat while I catch up on reading or painting with a nice hot cup of tea. So these homemade banana nut muffins have been a great easy treat to make the day before! All you need are a few pantry ingredients and in no time you’ll have a delicious healthy treat!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
Key Ingredients in Banana Nut Muffins
The more brown spots that are on your bananas the better. They will be sweeter and give a richer and more robust banana flavor. You will need 3 – 4 ripe bananas for this recipe.
You can use either melted unsalted butter or vegetable oil. It keeps the muffins moist and tender.
I like to use organic cane sugar because it isn’t as processed as regular white sugar, but whichever one you have will work for this recipe!
Pure vanilla extract adds great flavor to the muffins and is something I like to add to all my baked goods!
What’s a banana nut muffin without nuts? I used ¾ cup of chopped raw walnuts so there’s a nutty crunch in every bite!
How to Make The Best Banana Nut Muffins:
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with paper liners, and set it aside.
Step 2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork or a potato masher until it is mostly smooth. Mix in eggs until combined. Then add the melted butter or vegetable oil, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until everything is combined.
Step 3. Next, add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until everything is combined and there aren’t any more flour streaks. Be careful not to overmix because the muffins can turn out tough.
Step 4. Gently fold in the chopped walnuts. Then fill each muffin liner most of the way up with the muffin batter.
Step 5. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Kitchen Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Looking For More Recipes?
If you love this Easy Banana Nut Muffins recipe, share it on Instagram by tagging me (@themidwestkitchenblog) or giving this recipe a star rating.
Have a blessed day!Print
Soft and tender banana nut muffins are the best! These light and fluffy muffins are filled with rich, sweet banana flavor and crunchy walnuts. This recipe comes together in minutes and is a great way to use up extra bananas that are starting to turn brown.
- 3 – 4 ripe bananas, 1 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter, unsalted, melted, or vegetable oil
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or a fork until smooth. Whisk in eggs, then add in the melted butter, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Add flour mixture to the eggs/ banana mixture. Mix until there aren’t any more streaks of flour. Be careful not to overmix the batter!
- Fold in chopped walnuts. Then fill each muffin liner most of the way up with muffin batter.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack, enjoy!
Can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Reheat for a few minutes in the oven until warmed through.
Keywords: the best banana nut muffins recipe, banana nut muffins, banana nut muffins recipe, banana recipes, muffins, breakfast muffins