Brown butter cranberry pecan cookies are the perfect mix of sweet, chewy, nutty, and delicious! Made using brown butter, the cookie base has a toasted flavor and are studded with tart dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Made easily without a mixer and no chilling required you can have a batch of these cranberry pecan cookies in under 30 minutes!
- 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sauce pot cook the stick of butter until it has started to brown and the milk solid bits have browned at the bottom of the pot, 7 minutes. Allow the brown butter to cool for 5 - 10 minutes before using.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add brown butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix until combined, then add the vanilla extract and egg. Mix until well incorporated.
- Next, add the flour mixture to the egg and sugar mixture and mix until combined. The dough will be soft. Add dried cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Using a cookie scoop to form uniform dough balls. Roll into smooth balls then place on a cookie sheet with 1 - 2 inches of space in between. Optional: Top each ball with chopped pecans and cranberries for a nice presentation.
- Bake for 12 minutes, the edges should be lightly browned and the centers almost set. Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cookie sheet to completely cool.
- Serve with a cup of hot or iced tea and enjoy!
Yields 12 - 14 cookies
*If using dry measuring spoons fluff the flour before measuring. This will help you get more accurate measurements.
Can last for over a week in the fridge.
Lasts in the freezer for several months
Keywords: pecan cookies, cranberry cookies, cranberry pecan cookies, brown butter cookies, brown butter cranberry pecan cookies, cookies, homemade cookies, dessert, snack