Classic Banana Bread is the perfect companion to a hot beverage. Sweet and moist banana bread with a few walnuts is delicious and perfect for a slow morning with a hot cup of tea or as an after-dinner treat.
Homemade Banana Bread is super easy to make with organic ingredients and tastes better than store-bought.
How To Make Banana Bread
Preheat the oven to 350F, then in a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas. It will be a little lumpy, you just want to mash them as much as you can with a potato masher or a fork.
Then add all the wet ingredients to the mashed bananas – the eggs, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
In the same bowl add the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Mix until well combined. Then fold in the chopped walnuts.
Grease a loaf pan with either vegetable oil or Homemade Ghee. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow the Banana Bread to cool for 30 minutes, then slice and serve with your favorite warm drink. Enjoy!
Looking For More Recipes?Print
Sweet and moist banana bread with a few walnuts is delicious and perfect for a slow morning with a hot cup of tea or as an after-dinner treat.
- 3 – 4 ripe organic bananas (1 1/2 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick organic unsalted butter, 1/2 cup (melted)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic raw walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Stir until all the flour is incorporated. Then fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Grease a loaf pan with vegetable oil/ ghee, then spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until the banana bread is nicely golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool for 30 minutes, then serve with a hot cup of tea. Enjoy!
To turn into muffins: line a cupcake pan with liners, then fill each cupcake liner halfway with the banana bread batter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Yield 12 – 14 banana nut muffins.
Keywords: banana bread, banana bread with walnuts, nuts, quick bread, walnuts