This easy peach crisp recipe has tender sweet peaches in a spiced syrup topped with an oat and brown sugar crisp topping, served with homemade vanilla ice cream. I love how delicious and easy this recipe is to make! It is the perfect complement to any dinner.
Happy November! How is it already November? I feel like October just flew by. Two exciting things happening this month are my older sister and I’s birthdays right before Thanksgiving. We still have to plan everything, but I’m excited.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, what are your holiday plans? What are you cooking? Let me know in the comments!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
What is the Difference Between a Peach Crumble and a Peach Crisp?
The difference between a peach crumble and a peach crisp is the topping. A peach crumble has a more buttery cake-like topping, and a peach crisp has a crispy oat topping.
Key Ingredients in This Peach Crisp with Frozen Peaches
All ingredients, measurements, and instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
This easy peach crisp recipe uses organic frozen peaches. Organic peaches taste better than non-organic peaches, you can really taste the difference.
I haven’t used fresh peaches for this recipe but I love the fact that you can make this recipe at any time during the year!
The peaches are cooked with ground cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, vanilla extract, cane sugar, and a dash of salt.
Frozen peaches release a lot of their juices while cooking. To create a sweet syrup, add a little bit of flour to help thicken it before adding the oat topping.
Brown Sugar Oat Topping
The buttery crispy oat topping is delicious. It has quick-cooking oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder/ soda, and melted butter.
Looking For More Desserts?
Click here to subscribe to The Midwest Kitchen Blog’s Newsletter for recipes straight to your inbox!
If you love this recipe, pin it to Pinterest for later or share it on Instagram by tagging me (@themidwestkitchenblog).
Don’t forget to leave this recipe a 5-star rating!
Have a blessed day!Print
This easy peach crisp recipe has tender sweet peaches in a spiced syrup topped with an oat and brown sugar crisp topping, served with homemade vanilla ice cream.
- 20 oz frozen peaches, organic
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, add the frozen peaches, cane sugar, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, a pinch of nutmeg, and salt. Mix and cook on medium heat until most of the juices come out of the peaches, but they are still very firm, 10 - 15 minutes. Then mix in the flour until it is well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the flour, quick-cooking oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix very well, then add in the melted butter. Mix until everything is combined and you have large crumbles.
- Pour the peach filling into a pie pan, then cover with the oat topping, spreading evenly. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until the topping is brown and the peaches are soft.
- Serve warm with homemade vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Keywords: peach crisp, peach desserts, desserts