Farro salad with feta is the perfect side dish for roasted chicken, or to eat as a light meal. This farro salad can be prepared in advance and served throughout the week for quick lunches or as a side salad!
- 3/4 cup dry farro
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or water*
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cucumbers, chopped
- Few slices of red onion
- 3 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Rinse and drain the farro.
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil, then add in the farro. Lower the heat to a simmer, cook the farro covered until tender, 10 - 15 minutes.
- Once the farro is tender, add in the minced garlic and olive oil. Allow the farro to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked farro, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, a few slices of red onion, chopped cilantro or parsley, salt, black pepper, and crumbled feta cheese. Mix together, taste, and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve and Enjoy!
*My farro is quick-cooking, if using a different variety it may take longer to cook, and use more chicken broth or water
This farro salad with feta lasts for several days in the refrigerator.
Keywords: farro salad with feta, farro salad, farro recipes, salad, side salad