Fried Plantains are a delicious snack or side dish to your African cooking.
- 1 - 2 ripe plantains
- 2 - 3 tbsp vegetable oil/ ghee
- Cut the ends off the ripe plantains. Then make a shallow slit in the skin down the length of the plantain.
- Cut the plantain on a diagonal in 1/2 inch chunks.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet with 2 - 3 tbsp of vegetable oil/ ghee.
- Fry the plantains on both sides until golden brown, 3 - 5 minutes per side.
- Place them on a paper towel. Enjoy!
Cold plantains are not as good, serve immediately!
Keywords: african, african dishes, african side dishes, fried plantains, plantains