Homemade Cranberry sauce using fresh organic cranberries has been one of my favorite parts of a holiday dinner for years now. I love how the tangy sour cranberries inside the sweet sauce pairs so well with the rest of the holiday meal.
- 8 oz fresh organic cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 pinch salt
- Rinse the cranberries, throwing away any bad ones.
- In a medium saucepot, combine the cranberries, sugar, lemon zest, water, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes, or until most of the cranberries have burst and the sauce has started to thicken. Stirring occasionally.
- Allow the sauce to cool down, then refrigerate it for a least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Keywords: Cranberry sauce, holiday, Homemade, side dishes