Learn how to cook the best sushi rice in an Instant pot. Sushi rice is sticky, tangy, and lightly sweeten. Cooked perfectly in 20 minutes using a pressure cooker this recipe couldn’t be easier. Use it to make homemade sushi rolls or smoked salmon sushi bowls.
- Start by rinsing your rice in a strainer under cool running water. Use your hand to mix the rice around in the strainer so it doesn’t soak up any of the water. Rinse until the water is no longer cloudy, 5 minutes.
- Then place the rinsed rice in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Add the water, and mix until the rice is leveled. Cover with the lid and set the lid to “seal”. Set to the pressure setting. Cook for 10 minutes, allowing the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking mix together the seasoning ingredients- rice vinegar, cane sugar, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Mix until combined and the sugar and salt have dissolved. Set aside.
- Remove the lid, then transfer the cooked rice to a large non-metal mixing bowl. Sprinkle the vinegar seasoning mixture over the rice. Using a plastic or silicone spoon or spatula, gently fold the rice to mix the seasoning. Turn the bowl. Fold from the bottom upward to get the seasoning on all of the rice.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Then you are ready to use it to make sushi rolls or sushi bowls! Enjoy!
Gently fold the rice, you don’t want to be too rough with the rice because it can damage the grains and get mushy.
Avoid metal utensils or bowls. Don’t mix the rice with the vinegar with or in metal, because the vinegar can interact with the metal causing the rice to have a weird taste.
Keywords: sushi rice, instant pot sushi rice, how to make sushi rice, how to make sushi rice in a instant pot, japanese, Instant pot recipe, pressure cooker recipes