Homemade Pasta is one of those things that seems like you can only buy at the store in order for it to taste good. But it isn’t! Homemade Pasta is delicious and super easy to make at home! It requires only 4 ingredients and is ready to use in many recipes in less than an hour!
My family loves to use homemade pasta dough to make lasagna, ravioli, or linguine!
How to Make Homemade Pasta Dough
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
First, in a large mixing bowl, mix together all-purpose flour and salt. Then whisk in the eggs. Mix until the eggs are mostly incorporated. Then add in the water.
Next, add the flour/ egg mixture into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture starts to come together in large chunks or crumbles.
I love to use a food processor because it makes this process much easier. Here’s the link to the one I use!
The pasta dough should hold together when pressed, but the dough shouldn’t be sticky. You want a firm dough.
Cover the pasta dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 20 - 30 minutes so that the dough is easier to work with.
Your pasta dough is now ready to be used in your next pasta recipe!
You can roll the pasta dough out really thin to make linguine, ravioli, or lasagna. If you have a pasta roller you can make spaghetti as well!
When you are ready to cook your pasta, boil it for 3 - 5 minutes.
Homemade pasta is easy to make from scratch and is a staple in our home, and it can be in yours as well! Enjoy!
What is your favorite pasta recipe?
Looking For More Recipes?Print
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner, Main Course
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Homemade Pasta is delicious and super easy to make at home! It requires only 4 ingredients and is ready to use in many recipes in less than an hour! This recipe makes 40 ravioli.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs (whisked)
- 4 tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt, then add in the eggs and water. Mix until the eggs are mostly incorporated.
- Add the flour/ egg mixture into a food processor and pulse until the mixture turns into large crumbles. The mixture should hold together if pressed together but it shouldn't be sticky. You want a stiff dough.
- Take the pasta dough out of the food processor and shape it into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap for 20 - 30 minutes, then roll it out very thin for Homemade Fettuccine or Ravioli.
- When you are ready to use the pasta dough, cook in boiling water for 3 - 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Homemade pasta dough is best used the same day.
You can cut the dough out to whatever shape you desire then freeze it for several weeks. Just boil the pasta dough straight from the freezer when you are ready to use it!
Keywords: from scratch, homemade pasta, pasta, pasta from scratch
Leave a Reply