Easy, light, refreshing, sweet, and delicious. These are all the words that I would use to describe this homemade strawberry lemonade. This drink is the perfect thing to enjoy on a warm day. Or really any time!
My sister loves to drink store-bought lemonade. It’s not really the best for you health-wise, so instead of getting rid of the lemonade completely, we tried to make it at home. And it was a winner, she loved it so much better.
Unlike the store-bought kind, this lemonade is made with only a few fresh organic ingredients, filled with antioxidants, and is thirst-quenching. We won’t be going back store-bought anytime soon!
If you are looking for a healthy and refreshing lemonade recipe that everyone will love, this is it!
How to Make Homemade Strawberry Lemonade:
Homemade lemonade is really easy to make at home. It is light and refreshing.
You will need:
- Organic fresh or frozen strawberries
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Organic Lemons
- Water and Ice for serving
Step 1. Combine 1 cup of water and cane sugar in a medium saucepan to create a simple syrup. Cook on low heat until all the sugar has dissolved. This usually takes about 5 – 10 minutes.
Step 2. Blend your strawberries with 1 – 2 cups of water until very smooth.
Step 3. Combine the simple syrup, blended strawberries, and lemon juice in a large pot, or gallon jug. Stir well to mix.
Step 4. Serve over ice. Store the strawberry lemonade in a half-gallon mason jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Step 5. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
Kitchen Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Juice press– will make your life so much easier
Looking For More Recipes?
What’s better than a cool glass of strawberry lemonade on a warm day? If you enjoyed this recipe leave me a star rating, a comment, or tag me on Instagram(@themidwestkitchenblog).
Have a blessed day!Print
This homemade strawberry lemonade is easy to make, light, refreshing, and delicious! This drink is the perfect thing to enjoy on a warm day. Or really any time!
- 8 cups or half-gallon water, divided
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 12 ounces organic strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cup organic lemon juice, 6 – 7 lemons
- Ice for serving
- Combine 1 cup of water and the cane sugar in a medium saucepot to create a simple syrup. Cook on low heat until the sugar completely dissolves, 5 – 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Using a blender, blend the strawberries with 1 – 2 cups of water until smooth.
- Pour the simple syrup, blended strawberries, and lemon juice into a large pot with the remaining 5 cups of water. Stir very well to mix.
- Store in a half-gallon mason jar.
- Serve over ice. Enjoy!
The strawberry lemonade will last for up to a week in the refrigerator.
You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries.
You can strain the lemonade if you don’t want any strawberry seeds.
It’s easier to pour everything into a large pot to mix, then transfer to a mason jar.
Keywords: how to make strawberry lemonade, healthy strawberry lemonade, healthy lemonade, refreshing drinks