This chickpea salad has tender nutty chickpeas, fresh juicy veggies, tangy salty olives, and freshness, and brightness from the lemon juice.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad would be great served with crackers as an appetizer, or with roasted lamb as a side salad.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup cucumber (diced)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/4 cup olives (chopped)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- spring of fresh thyme or 1/4tsp dried thyme
- In a large bowl combine cooked chickpeas, cucumbers, red bell peppers, red onions, tomatoes, olives, minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add freshly torn basil leaves or fresh or dried thyme. Enjoy!
Can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 – 3 days for maximum freshness.
Keywords: chick peas, Meditterranean, salad, side dish, side salad