There is nothing better on cold Autumn days than a warm, comforting Nourishing Oatmeal Bowl. Warm creamy oatmeal topped with fresh berries is the perfect way to start a cold morning. I love oatmeal for breakfast and it can be prepared and topped in so many ways, and this is one of my favorites!
I love quick-cooking oats, better than rolled oats for oatmeal bowls because they are so much more creamy and I find they have a better texture.
I love to pair cardamom and cinnamon together, I find that the cardamom brings more flavor out of the cinnamon and the house just smells like Fall.
Oatmeal Bowl Toppings
You can put whatever toppings on your oatmeal bowl that you like! Blueberries, chopped bananas, pumpkin or chia seeds, maple syrup or honey drizzled over top. All would be great toppings!
Looking For More Recipes?Print
There is nothing better on cold Autumn days than a warm, comforting Nourishing Oatmeal Bowl. Warm creamy oatmeal topped with fresh berries is the perfect way to start a cold morning.
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch ground cardamom
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a medium saucepot, heat water until boiling.
- Then add the salt, sugar, ground cardamom, and ground cinnamon. Stir in the quick-cooking oats.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the oatmeal has thickened and reached your desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter. Serve with raspberries or your favorite toppings! Enjoy!
Keywords: Breakfast, Nourishing, Oatmeal, Oatmeal bowl