These truly are the best ever blueberry cranberry muffins, they are simple, sweet, and delicious. The tender cake is filled with bursts of sweet blueberries and tart cranberries- the perfect mix!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
When my family and I lived in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area, we would go to Central Market - the best grocery store ever, almost every week. They had so many fancy danishes, tarts, fresh loaves of bread, and in-store fancy sushi - basically Whole Foods, but we loved CM better.
Once a week or so, I would get a blueberry cranberry muffin from the bakery. They were giant muffins wrapped in tulip parchment paper. The delicious cake was filled with sweet blueberries and tart cranberries topped with demerara sugar. It was pure heaven in a muffin.
Since we moved several years ago, I’ve been wanting to try to make them. I finally made my version of those delicious muffins and now I can have them whenever I want. And I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. Lol.
These gorgeous blueberry cranberry muffins are not overly sweet so they are perfect to have for breakfast with a hot cup of tea or as a fun afternoon snack.
You can make these easy and delicious muffins all year round - because either fresh or frozen berries can be used.
Now, let’s make these muffins together!
How To Make The Best Ever Blueberry Cranberry Muffins
All ingredients, measurements, and instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 375F, then line the cupcake pan with tulip parchment liners.
Step 2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2- 3 minutes. Then stir in the egg, and vanilla extract.
Step 4. Mix in ⅓ of the flour mixture to the egg/ sugar mixture. Then ⅓ of the milk and mix. Alternate the flour mixture and the milk, ending on the flour.
Step 5. Fold in the blueberries and cranberries.
Step 6. Fill the cupcake liners halfway. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the muffins are light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Step 7. Allow the blueberry cranberry muffins to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Looking For More Dessert Recipes?
Click here to subscribe to The Midwest Kitchen Blog’s Newsletter for recipes straight to your inbox!
If you love this recipe, pin it to Pinterest for later or share it on Instagram by tagging me (@themidwestkitchenblog).
Don’t forget to leave this recipe a 5-star rating!
Have a blessed day!Print
These truly are the best ever blueberry cranberry muffins, they are simple, sweet, and delicious. The tender cake is filled with bursts of sweet blueberries and tart cranberries- the perfect mix! These muffins are not overly sweet so they are perfect to have for breakfast with a hot cup of tea or as a fun afternoon snack.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, ½ cup
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
Top the muffins with demerara sugar before baking
- Preheat oven 375F and line a cupcake pan with regular or tulip cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy, 2 - 3 minutes. Then add in the egg, and vanilla extract, whisk until smooth.
- Mix in ⅓ of the flour mixture, then milk, alternating, ending with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries and cranberries.
- Fill the cupcake liners halfway. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the muffins are lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Store the muffins in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for a week or in the freezer for several weeks.
You can reheat them in the oven for a few minutes.
Keywords: blueberry cranberry muffins, blueberry muffins, cranberry muffins, muffins, healthy muffins