Homemade whipped shea butter is great to use in cooler weather to help with dry skin. It smells great and has only 3 clean ingredients - shea butter, extra virgin olive oil, and the essential oils of your choice.
- 8 oz raw unrefined shea butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 30 drops essential oil, divide if making two different scents
- In a stand mixer or food processor add in the raw shea butter, and olive oil. Mix for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the shea butter has a smooth, light and airy consistency.
- Mix in 30 drops of the essential oil of your choice. Store in a plastic container or mason jar in a cool area. Enjoy!
If making two different scents:
- Add 15 - 20 drops of peppermint essential oil to half of the body butter. Mix and transfer to a plastic container or mason jar.
- For the second one, add 10 - 15 drops of bergamot oil or your favorite essential oil. Mix and transfer to a plastic container or mason jar.
- Store your body butters in a cool area. Enjoy!
Shea body butter can last for several months.
Keywords: shea body butter, whipped body butter, whipped body butter recipe, homemade body butter, shea butter, essential oils, olive oil