Chocolate chip cookies with walnuts warm right out of the oven are a delightful thing. I love a warm soft chocolate chip cookie with not too much chocolate and a few pieces of walnuts scattered throughout with a hot cup of tea!
Sugar cookies are my favorite kind of cookie, but every once and a while, I love to have a good chocolate chip cookie.
Why You Will Love These Cookies
They are soft and chewy.
They are easy to make with organic and whole ingredients.
The vanilla extract and the walnuts make them so delicious!
Key Ingredients in Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Brown sugar is the key to making these cookies soft and chewy.
If you don’t have brown sugar you can add a bit of blackstrap molasses to white granulated sugar and stir until you have brown sugar! I learned this from my mom several years ago and it has worked amazingly every since!
I buy a large bottle of blackstrap molasses and use it whenever I need brown sugar, the bottle lasts forever. I’ll link the one I use!
Semi-sweet Chocolate chips
I am not a huge chocolate fan, but I like to have a few pieces in these cookies! The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Personally, I like a few chocolate chips- closer to 1/2 cup, but my sister loves a 1 cup! I think 3/4 cup is a nice balance between the two!
Do you like a lot of chocolate chips in your cookies? Or do you like a few, like me? Let me know!
These cookies are great without the chopped walnuts, but the ones with a few chopped nuts are the best!
These chocolate chip cookies with walnuts are my favorites! I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how you liked them!
Looking For More Recipes?Print
Soft and Chewy Chocolate chip cookies with Walnuts warm right out of the oven are a delightful thing.
- 1 stick organic salted butter (softened)
- 6 tbsp organic white granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp organic brown sugar*
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon organic all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (non-gmo)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (non-gmo)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and both sugars until its light and fluffy, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the sugar/ egg mixture. Stir until all the flour is incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Shape 2 tbsp sized cookie dough balls, and place them 1 – 2 inches apart from each other on the cookie sheet. This recipe makes about 1 dozen cookies.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 12 minutes, or until they are lightly golden brown on the edges. The middles will be a little soft. Don’t overbake!
- Take them out of the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for another 5 minutes. Serve with a glass of milk or your favorite drink! Enjoy!
- If you don’t have brown sugar, stir together 1tsp of molasses and 6tbsp of white sugar.
If your cookies don’t look done on the top after 10 minutes
My oven cooks the cookies faster on the bottom and not the top. After 10 minutes, I will place the cookie sheet on the top rack so the tops of the cookies are cooked as well. If you have that problem too, try doing this!
Keywords: chewy chocolate chip cookies, Chewy sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies with walnuts, walnuts